First 10 Question for HW

 1. The Part of the course I am looking forward to learning what Media is all about how Media is leaving an impact on the world we are learning about today and why we use Media. I chose Media because I am interested in learning about the world that we live in with all the technology and I want to be able to share my ideas.

2. In GCSE Media I would like to know more about how social media has influenced the world, study what other people have made, and know the main purpose of why they created that certain platform. I would also like to have skills such as Communication, Problem Solving, Thinking, and researching.

3. The grade that I want to get in Media is 7-9 because I really want to enjoy doing something I love if I enjoy the subject then I would tend to put more effort into it to try my best to get the grade that I want to get to achieve but I am really motivated to get grade 7-9 but by doing this I am gonna put in a lot of hard work, dedication, resilience to get the grades that I want.

4. The last Series I watched is called Girl Meets World. I enjoy the series because it is a comedy and I love it when people make me laugh as it makes it more enjoyable for me to watch. It is about  2 girls named Maya and Riley They are 2 best friends who face many problems in life but Maya helps Riley overcome her obstacles by being there for her as a good friend should do. It taught me that life can be hard but we have to get through it and that not everyone is perfect so be mindful of what others go through because if not you have to face the consequences.

5.  I say that Girl Meets World teaches people lessons that everyone struggles in some sort of way some people hide it with a smile on their face and others just prefer to show their feelings of how they really are. It also shows 2 best friends finishing Middle School and going to High School realizing everything is so hard and they just want to quit but no matter what obstacle they get they always find a way to turn the obstacle into something that they can get through as life always has a lesson to it. An Audience would like it because it relates to how young people and older people feel, how they have to be this ideal perfect person when sometimes they are not the person that others thought they were. It shows us how reality can be.

6. I have used my Phone, Computer, TV, and Nintendo Switch in the last 24 hours.

7. The Device that I use most often to capture Media is my Phone and Laptop as I find it more easy to access and explore by learning new things about Media that not everyone knows about.

8. My Average screen time is about 4-6 Hours and Yes I would say it is a lot because we should try not to spend so much time on our devices as we can explore other ways of having fun since we can play a sport, go hang out with family as the weather is getting better so it allows you to do the things that you enjoy because too much screentime can have an effect on our Health, Physical and Mentally.

9. The casting of Jodie Whittaker was a significant moment in Doctor Who because she was determined to play his role tried his overall best and gave it a go. Jodie Whittaker was a female doctor and many people thought that would be a good role for her to play. It was important because she got to play in a Big Hit and get to work with David Tennant who co-starred with her.

10. The aspects of this scene in Doctor Who that I think people will enjoy is

  • Saving the universe is perceived as a tense moment, if he does not save the universe then it will be a catastrophe. The reason why this would be a moment the audience would enjoy is because it is nerve-racking because if he fails to do so then this will result in a disaster. Doctor Who is risking his life to ensure the universe is safe. Furthermore, Doctor Who is passionate about saving the universe, and making things right as he could have possibly made an error previously and is trying to make amendments. A second aspect of this scene I think the audience would enjoy would be Doctor Who expressing himself as this is a heart-touching moment when he mentions "Kids are the ones who will remember your name". This highlights the innocence of children and how Doctor Who may not have a positive relationship with others apart from children and could be heard by children rather than adults. A third reason why I believe the audience would enjoy is when the actress is holding on but fails to do so as she is struggling. This would be a moment that is tense as it is a life-and-death situation and the trailer was left on a cliffhanger. This part of the scene makes the audience want to continue watching to see what happens next, whether she is saved or not.
Extension:
  • Weather: The weather depends on the setting of the scene. The weather sometimes foreshadows something negative is going to occur, a thunderstorm could indicate something dull and gloomy, such as death, losing a fight, or a character feeling upset about a particular situation. 
  • Mise-en-scene refers to everything within the frame, such as props, costumes, and the way the scene is designed. It is important to look at the mise-en-scene because this helps us understand what is happening in the story, it can provide a hint to the audience if they are unsure of the character. Props and clothes help the audience identify the character more. 
  • Music: Music is incorporated into the scenes to create suspense and dramatic effects.
  • Special effects help to make it more enjoyable for the audience to watch.
  • Sound effects make us able to hear what is going to happen next e.g. banging sounds loud noises indicating danger or any negative situations.
Characters: Good and Bad characters are involved in all television dramas to portray the good and the bad side of people.

What would a Doctor Who fan (Whovian) particularly enjoy about this scene?
They would enjoy how Doctor Who is passionate about saving the universe and is determined to do whatever it takes. Also, Doctor Who is demonstrating what a good leader is all about by using good leadership skills.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Language and Representation

Reception Theory